Monday, May 17, 2010

Declaration

So since I posted my first blogs yesterday, I have been having physical sensations in my chest to which I usually give the label “anxiety.”  Naturally, I want to attribute these sensations to the blog since there is a proximity timewise that might indicate a cause and effect relationship, even though there are plenty of other things to be anxious about and, in fact, I might just be having physical sensations for no reason at all.

Anyway, what I am noticing is that I started thinking about what other people would think about my blog and when I start thinking about that, there starts to be some dread about the whole situation instead of the excitement that got me started.

Aparigraha falls under a bigger umbrella called vairagya, non-attachment.  It has always seemed to me that the biggest thing to detach is my sense of worth and okayness from things outside, like my blog and whether or not people like it.

So I am writing to let everyone (mostly me) know that the point of this blog is for me to take more time to pay attention.  Some posts will be long, some short, some insightful and deep, some not so much.  I’m doing it just to do it and see what happens and will try not to get too attached to the outcome—I will let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment