Sunday, October 24, 2010

Taking Care of This Person

I just drove home from The Samarya Center staff retreat, which made me feel even more grateful than I already was that I am part of something so great.  When I got in my car, I plugged in my ipod and started listening to the Cheri Huber podcasts that I have been consistently listening to whenever I am in my car for over a year.  Sometimes I think I should listen to something else or that I miss listening to music.  And then I remind myself that I have clear evidence that listening to these podcasts is working for me.  I flashed through all of this when I got in the car today and thought it related somehow to what I was saying in the last post.
Here is this thing that helps me and there is some part of me that says, “Now you are doing good, so you don’t need to keep doing that anymore.”  Or just generally tries to convince me I am bored or even that it has become too much of a “habit” so I should mix things up.  But all of that is not about taking care of this person—it’s just trying to distract and confuse.  As I continue to think about tapas and commitment this month, what I would really love to commit to is doing whatever I can to support and take care of this person called Stephanie.  To move from the idea that I am worth taking care of an actual experience of that that I act on and live from.  It’s pretty big and I have made progress on it and then occasionally see how far I have to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment